Monday, April 6, 2009

5 Blessings for April 6

1. Facebook...Awesome way to keep in touch with everyone & see what's going on in their lives.

2. Having food in the pantry.

3. Natural light in my office.

4. Extra time that I hadn't planned on this evening.

5. Isaiah 40:28-31:

28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

I heard someone explain this last verse, and that person said that sometimes we're at different stages along the path of life. There are times in life when things are going great (we're soaring), other times when life is a bit more challenging but we're still going at a steady pace (we're running), and still other times when all we can do is manage to keep putting one foot in front of the other (we're walking). Wherever we're at, if we put our hope in God, HE will give us renewed strength to continue moving forward.

Today I'm walking, and God has kept me from fainting. How about you ~ Where are you at?

1 comment:

Wendy Pope said...

He has kept me from fainting all week. Thank you for the scripture. I love natural light in my office, too.