Saturday, April 11, 2009

5 Blessings for April 11

1. House and dog sitting for some friends this weekend...it's kind of nice to spend the weekend by myself, and help my friends out, of course.


2. My new pal Bailey...He's kept me company at my friends' house. :-) (In case you're wondering, Bailey is a miniature greyhound.)


3. The song "What Sin?" by Morgan Cryar. If you've ever struggled with forgiving yourself for sins you've done in the past or wondered if God has forgiven you, this song is a great reminder of God's forgiveness & wiping our records completely clean.


4. Learning to be real about myself and my life. I am amazed by the grace and love I have received from various people when I have shared the ugly truth about me and my past mistakes. If we can't be real with others about who we are, then we can't be loved for who we are. All people can love is the facets of ourselves that we present to them.


5. Psalm 27:13-14:


"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD."


Yesterday was the remembrance of the death of Jesus, but Easter is coming tomorrow and we'll celebrate Him rising from the dead. In the meantime, we must wait...and look to Him in hope because He is our hope.


No comments: