Wednesday, March 18, 2009

5 Blessings for March 18

1. I’m blessed with so many friends of all ages from high school, HPU, CIU, SOJ, P31, Mexico & Bolivia.

2. Free gift bag at Curves today filled with all kinds of goodies.

3. Yay for comfy pajama pants to lounge around in at home!

4. He gave me a good attitude & enough energy today to accomplish what I needed to. Thank you Jesus!!

5. God’s sense of humor & how, when He wants me to understand something, He will show me over and over again until I get it. :-) Gotta love him!

Take, for instance, this week. Last Wednesday, the Scripture meditation verse I posted was about God’s power and strength & how He gives these to His people (
Psalm 68:34-35). Then at youth group on Sunday night, the theme was God’s power & how we have all the power and strength we need when we’re connected to Him. The next day, a friend encouraged me by saying that God’s power flows through me. It’s so funny thinking back to these things, because at the time (especially Monday and even yesterday), I was totally not feeling like God’s power was flowing through me. I was absolutely exhausted, unable to think, and not able to hear God’s voice clearly in any circumstance (including counseling appointments). I felt like I was not getting anything accomplished and like I was not being an effective counselor. Today has been quite a change, as I have experienced God’s power strongly and tangibly, not only in counseling appointments but also in what He enabled me to get accomplished today. What’s up with that?!? I don’t know. But what I do know is that God is not limited by how I feel. Even when His power flowing through me is not evident to me, it does not mean that it’s not evident to others or that His power is not there.

So with that, let’s praise God for what He does…

Scripture meditation verse of the week:

“Let the whole world bless our God and loudly sing His praises. Our lives are in His hands, and he keeps our feet from stumbling. You have tested us, O God; You have purified us like silver…We went through fire and flood, but you brought us to a place of great abundance.” – Psalm 66:8-10, 12b (NLT)

1 comment:

Stephanie F. said...

Kristen, I love this new feature of your blog. I look forward to reading it every single day. I love you tons and miss you!