Monday, February 11, 2013

A Day for Praise

I can't hold it in any longer. I have to praise my God, my Savior for all that He is and all that He does for me, his daughter!!

From time to time, I have down days. Days that emotionally match the dreary, rainy weather outside. Days that make me want to withdraw. To cry. To quit. 

Today has been one of those days. 
But today I choose to praise.



I praise God for friends who listen. And who love.
I praise God for dreary days that make sunny ones all the brighter. 
I praise God for His unfailing, relentless love of me no matter what. 
I praise God for His Word that reminds me of Truth and is always relevant. 
I praise God that He is in control of every detail...that He is always near...that He is faithful.
I praise God for...
The gift of life
The gift of friends
The gift of laughter
The gift of His comfort
The gift of His promises
The gift of knowing that He is trustworthy 
The gift of joy despite trying circumstances
The gift of trials that challenge our beliefs and strengthen our faith
The gift of losing what we love only to find that God is enough. 
The gift of the steadiness of God. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

I praise Him for winter, spring, summer and fall. 
In every season He is there. 

Incredible, holy God, I can't begin to praise You as I really want to. There are no words to express the depths of praise that I feel in my heart. I wish I could give You the praise and worship You deserve. I fall on my knees in worship and in speechless awe at Your holiness. 

This day did not start with my praising You. I was focused on challenging circumstances. They threatened to pull me away from You. And You rescued me. You delivered me so that I can praise You! You have filled my heart with joy again. Thank You My Father! Thank You My Jesus! Thank You Holy Spirit!

"In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 
1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments: