Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Starbucks Supercharge... Or Was it Jesus?

During December, Starbucks had a special holiday deal on a SB travel mug which you could take into SB every day in January to get free brewed coffee. Guess what? I received this for Christmas. :) So, taking advantage of this great deal of free coffee gifted to me by my mom, I made my visit to SB this morning.

On my way out of the store, two gentlemen greeted me with a friendly "Have a great day!" and a smile. Had never met them before in my life. Didn't even interact with them in the store, other than that momentary passing by. And yet they saw fit to bless me with those four words.

A gift of God's grace.

It's amazing what even the smallest act of kindness can do.

Starbucks' coffee can supercharge me -- especially considering the crazy amounts of caffeine in it! But
this morning my small interaction with those men supercharged me even more.

I began to think,
What if my one New Year's resolution were to bless someone with a smile and "Have a great day!" every day? It takes only a few seconds and yet it can speak volumes to another person. It says, "I acknowledge your presence. And I truly hope your day goes well for you."

Those men at SB were like the face of Jesus to me. And in their faces, I saw a reflection of what I want to be. Other-focused. Blessing others. Every day.

That is where the true and lasting supercharge comes from... the infilling of the Spirit of God and His joy as we seek to bless others.
Not from my Starbucks coffee.


"...I will bless you... and you will be a blessing." Genesis 12:2

No comments: