Friday, February 25, 2011

The Kingdom of Heaven ... and Hundreds of Birds

"The Kingdom of Heaven is like a mustard seed planted in a field. It is the smallest of all seeds, but it becomes the largest of garden plants; it grows into a tree, and birds come and make nests in its branches."
Matthew 13:31-32



Yesterday morning, I was taking the dogs out and not only saw a beautiful sunrise but also heard the sound of hundreds of birds chirping, perched in the trees beside my neighbor's house.

And I mean literally hundreds.

I tried to capture them with this picture, though my camera phone isn't the best for taking pics. If you look hard you may see black dots in the top of the big tree past the neighbor's house.


It was such a beautiful image to me of what Jesus meant when He spoke about the growth of His Kingdom. The Kingdom of God started as a tiny mustard seed, but it is growing and will continue to grow until the end comes and the Kingdom has reached its fullest capacity.
Then, millions of birds will fill its branches.

God never ceases to amaze me.

No comments: